Tuesday, October 23, 2012

practice on 23/10/12

HI GUYS!

So today was another great practice! (ish) anyhoo. we learnt the rest of In Dulci jubilo and practiced the pronunciation for that along with personent hodie. the rules are right here:

Latin Pronunciation rules:
j is almost always pronounced as y
anything that ends with an "ae" is pronounced as "eh"
all the 't's are non-aspirated unless it's like a 'th', in that case it'd be pronounced as t^h, very very softly
al is pronounced as ul
post is pronounced like in the word "posterior"
Coe is pronounced as che
when there are 2 vowels next to each other, you have to pronounce them one by one, like 'gaudia' is pronounced as "gaa-oo-dia". lol. this is very hard to explain.
where constonants are repeated, make sure to emphasise it
and roll your 'r's miss tham will get verrry (see what i did there?) angry if we don't. apparently saying koko krunch helps. i dunno. i'm one of those people who can do it effortlessly muahahahaha!

we also got started on ave maris Stella and discovered that we all had an unnamed score, which is in fact called Regina celi. I didn't know that.

make sure to practice ave maris stella so that tomorrow we can get past the notes and all the stumbling and really just focus on being in tune, being together ad listening to parts other than our own. we're also doing oremus next week so revise that and make sure you bring it to practice.

another thing. please please please, if you don't have scores for oremus or any of the scores, fb message just text or me whatever or me. I consider myself pretty accessible so there's no excuse to not tell me about not having scores.

 I don't understand why all of you didn't just tell me that you didn't have the scores before practice or even yesterday or even at the last practice. but I do know that miss j tham had to waste a lot of time while I gave out scores and that it needs to stop. mmkay? okay. I’ve put up ave maris Stella and Regina celi on fb, so there's no excuse for not revising.

ave maris Stella is on the mix pod and I’ll try and put Regina celi and the other song (what was it called?) up soon.

 I think that's all but if I’ve missed anything out, tell me. 

ankita